Monday, September 10, 2018

A Good Week in Books (189)



The last couple of weeks went by in a blur. Summer kind of went by in a blur too. My mom came to visit for two weeks. One of those weeks, I took off and had a very beachy stay-cation. At first, I was in a reading frenzy. I was reading a book a day on that stay-cation. Then, I hit a major book slump. I dnf’ed one book that I seriously was not clicking with. The main character just came off as too superficial. And then I read another book that seemed so promising, but kept taking destructive paths to the point of awfulness. I made it 75% through it, before my hatred of it became too much.
Then, I introduced my mom to Riverdale, and my reading just kind of took a vacation too. I did finally find my groove again with an awesome fantasy I’m reading now. And I also did complete 3 books on my stay-cation. I also purchased two new books at the 50% off book haul sale at Barnes and Noble.
The new pretties:


Smoke in the Sun
by Renee Ahdieh
Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
How was your week in books/end of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment