Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Good Week in Books (217)


So….I feel like life as we know it has changed drastically for everyone since my last blog post. Nick and I went away for a long weekend to celebrate our wedding (of 6 months ago) with my Chicago family. We literally left MA in a relatively normal time, on a full flight. And we returned to MA from Chicago 5 days later on a relatively empty flight and it feels like literally everything changed –and it changed fast.
My library is closed. I’ve been home over a week. And you’d think that would give me more time to read and write and do projects, but I just feel so stressed and on edge. I’ve been working from home, focusing on the digital aspect of my job –and learning a lot. But, it’s more than that. It’s the nightmare of this virus, and the constant awareness of how bad it is. Also, the amount of dystopias I’ve read…I’m in this constant state of worry.
All that honesty aside, I have to say thank goodness for books! I’m so thankful for the books in my life. I picked up a couple of signed books from my favorite bookstore in Chicago. I also got some ARC’s there too. My mom gifted me another signed book! I received some books for review from Macmillan and from Hachette. Also, thank goodness for my family and friends who have kept me sane through everything. I’ve definitely used more minutes on my phone plan this past week then I think I have in years…I’ve also learned how to use Zoom, and am in the process of figuring out Facebook Live. So, thank goodness for technology too. I hope everyone is doing okay out there, and staying healthy!
The new pretties:
Seasons of the Storm by Elle Cosimano (comes out 6/20)
The Betrothed by Kiera Cass (comes out 5/20)
Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed (signed)
Infinity Son by Adam Silvera (Signed)
The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (signed)
So this is Love by Elizabeth Lim
Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
Draon Hoops by Gene Luen Yang
Defy the Sun by Jessika Fleck

No comments:

Post a Comment