Friday, June 22, 2018

Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter



Summary from Goodreads:
Being a dyslexic witch is a curse in itself, but Miranda Kane’s time at Shadow Falls has helped her harness her magical powers. Now, just as she’s finally mastered them and is preparing to graduate with her friends, a near-death experience threatens to ruin it all.

Miranda awakens in the hospital with a mysterious tattoo that no one can explain. As she struggles to make sense of it—and questions her feelings for a certain irresistible shape-shifter and a hot new guy—the strange markings begin to spread all over her body, leaving her desperate to find answers. But before she can solve that problem, a new one arises: her sister is missing.

Has her sister been kidnapped? Miranda will risk her life to find out. Will she live to share the day she’s worked so hard for with her friends? When the clock strikes midnight, will Miranda make it to her graduation at Shadow Falls?
Review:
So, I might have had a lot of confusion about when and where this series actually ended. It seems I have now really finished the whole series. I stopped paying attention to these books for a bit, and all of a sudden there was a spin-off series. And then, beyond that Miranda gets her own book too! I’m so glad I discovered this last one because I loved it. And I’m going to be honest; I’ll most likely read anything C.C. Hunter writes at this point.
Miranda was never my favorite character. Normally, I love witches. I guess she just was never as interesting to me as Kylie. And she’s nowhere near as fierce and strong as Della. That being said, she’s pretty amazing in this book and I’m glad to have finally gotten a little story form her perspective. And she’s definitely more interesting than what I previously gave her credit for.
I love her love story. I loved watching her realize who was right for her. And I really did ship her with the boy she ended up with. I also love how strong she is in this book. She comes to a new set of powers she didn’t know she had. And unlike her besties, she doesn’t really complain about being more powerful. Maybe witches inherently know how cool more power can be?
The mystery with her sister was super interesting too. The book actually got a little darker than I was expecting it to. When I learned why the kidnappers have her sister and why they want Miranda, my jaw dropped. But, also, I guess I always found Miranda to be the most naïve and innocent. And she does a lot of growing up here. She’s like the little sister character in the girl friendship story. And she does a lot of growing up and learning in this book.
Was this the best book to end everything on? I’m not so sure. It didn’t feel like it wrapped it all up. Maybe Hunter will come back to this series again some time? I wouldn’t mind a book or two from the heads of camp. But, was I glad to have gotten into Miranda’s head for a bit? Absolutely. I loved it. I give this a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment