Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best Books of 2011


I’m back from my little vacation. I hope everyone is having a great new year! It’s time to get back to business. I work at my bookstore tonight. My volunteer library is tomorrow. And my school library is Friday. I see lots of books in my near future. And I have a review to post here too. Maybe I’ll post it late tonight, or tomorrow? But, first things first, I promised my favorite YA of 2011, and here it is.
My rules:
1) Each book listed has come out this past year.
2) It is YA (duh).
3) I also have read the book in 2011 (not later or earlier). And it doesn’t matter if other books in the series have come out earlier.
4) If I have reviewed it on my blog, which I think I have for all but one, it will have gotten at least a 9/10. Though, I think there’s only one here that I didn’t give a 10/10 to.

10) Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

9) Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

8) Wither by Lauren DeStefano

7) Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

6) Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

5) Across the Universe by Beth Revis

4) Blood Red Road by Moira Young

3) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

2) Divergent by Veronica Roth

1) Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

2 comments:

  1. I loved Wither and Wonderstuck, too! I haven't read the others yet, though, but they're definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, you absolutely have to read Beauty Queens. I'm pretty sure it's the funniest book I have ever read. And I know you will like fall over from laughter at certain moments. It's just genius.

    ReplyDelete