Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Good Week in Books (53)



So I’ve been falling a little behind in my reading/blogging. There have been holidays, mad cleaning sprees, traveling adventures, and trip-planning. And top it all off with BEA. So, I’m kind of posting my normal Sunday morning post on a Tuesday evening…But I wanted these books to be mentioned this week. Because next week, I will be talking about all the books I get at BEA! I am so excited for my trip!
By the way, I am seriously in love with my new library job. And my job not only got me a free VIP badge to the conference, but it in a way makes me feel justified for being so in love with YA (and children’s ) literature, not that any justification is really necessary. I guess I just know that I picked the right career path.
Any way, during some of my recent adventures, I came across a Harry Potter store….So, the first picture is of the first book I ordered online, and some fun Harry Potter merchandise. And then when I was in Boston yesterday, I found some seriously awesome bookstores, and I bought two new books (used)!

Gravity by Melissa West
Harry Potter 10 piece magnet set, “I solemnly swear, I am up to no good” key chain, and one bottle of butterbeer (aka: butterscotch creme soda).
 
The Summer Prince
by Alaya Dawn Johnson
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
How was your week in books? Maybe I’ll see you at BEA this week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like your new job :) Have a blast at BEA!

    Also, Harry Potter store?! I want to go to there!

    ReplyDelete