Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (57)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Cress by Marissa Meyer (2/14/14):


Summary (from Goodreads):
Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
Why I’m Waiting:
Um, hello, can you say epic? I have absolutely loved this series so far. I remember first being peeved that the sequel to Cinder wasn’t going to be all about Cinder. But then I fell equally in love with the other futuristic fairy tale characters. And now, I’m like dying to see how Rapunzel fits into this crazy, amazing, unique world! Also, I’m loving this cover! I’m so glad to have another series where the publisher doesn’t change the covers midway through! But more than that, the covers are all just so pretty –they all show just the right amount of fairy tale.
What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I loved Cinder and Scarlet (the stories and the characters) so I am so excited for Cress! And I'm with you on the cover... it's awesome and I'm SO glad they didn't change them mid-series! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete