Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (231)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Nothing by Annie Barrows (9/5/17):



Descriptoin on Goodreads:
Nothing ever happens to Charlotte and Frankie. Their lives are nothing like the lives of the girls they read about in their YA novels. They don’t have flowing red hair and hot romantic encounters never happen—let alone meeting a true soul mate. They just go to high school and live at home with their parents, who are pretty normal, all things considered. But when Charlotte decides to write down everything that happens during their sophomore year to prove that nothing happens and there is no plot or character development in real life, she’s surprised to find that being fifteen isn’t as boring as she thought. It’s weird, heartbreaking, silly, and complicated. And maybe, just perfect.
Why I’m Waiting:
I’m not going to lie: I think the Ivy and Bean series is pretty fantastic. I am a Youth Services Librarian and this author has helped me with some of my toughest critics: kids. So many kids fall in love with her books. I love the topic of this book. It seems so real and completely possible. I love that the characters read YA novels. And I love that it seems to be a friendship story that also involves writing. It has a kind of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants feel to it, and I’m so ready to read this!
What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. I must admit, I've never even heard of this author before! I can see why kids would love these books though.

    ReplyDelete