Monday, May 13, 2019

A Good Week in Books (203)



I’ve fallen behind in my reading. A huge reason why is my health. Frequent migraines make reading less fun. But, I think I’m finally figuring that all out. Cross your fingers.  I have been feeling weirdly creative lately and I’ve actually been working on some poetry (which I haven’t done in years). Any way, I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

I did read one excellent Cassandra Clare book, and I’m halfway through another amazing middle grade novel. I have a HUGE stack of books calling to me right now, so once I get my chores done today (on my day off), I have a feeling the rest of my day will be spent how I like it best: in the company of books.
I received 3 new books for review this past week or so. And I’m so excited for all 3 of them. They are all on my radar of Must-Reads, so hopefully I’ll get to them soon. (Thank you Farrar Straus Giroux and First Second).
The new pretties:


We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo
Laura Dean Keeps Breaking up with Me by Mariko Tamaki and Rosemary Valero-O’Connell

No comments:

Post a Comment