Thursday, April 9, 2020

A Good Week in Books (219)



I’ve had a nice book week. I received 2 more for review (thanks, Macmillan). I’m finally getting back to a more normal reading routine! Let’s see if I can keep this up. I read one middle grade, one YA, and one graphic novel this week. This was all in a week with 2 migraines, lots of anxiety about the state of the world, and tons of pollen taking over the neighborhood and threatening my sinuses. Maybe I’m getting more accustomed to this socially distanced state of normal?
I’m adjusting to online grocery shopping, Facebook live story times, Facebook live craft videos, Zoom work meetings, Zoom family meetings, Zoom friends meetings, actually having time for uninterrupted professional development webinars, and actually having time overall for uninterrupted things like reading book reviews, working on the website and developing the online summer reading program. Quiet, uninterrupted work time is nice. But also, my kitchen chair is not the best work chair. And I miss people. And going to stores. And restaurants. And my library. But, I’m lucky. I have my health and my job. And this blog. And lots of books to read.  And I keep telling myself this isn’t forever. This isn’t forever.
The new books:

Little Universes by Heather Demetrios
Check Please Book 2: Sticks & Scones by Ngozi Ukazu

No comments:

Post a Comment