Monday, June 29, 2020

A Good Week in Books (221)



What a weird year this is turning out to be. I say this after spending a large portion of my day online shopping for an office chair, something I should have done months ago….I’ve been splitting my work time between the library and home. And I kind of like it. I get a lot more work done, uninterrupted. And I’ve had drastically fewer migraines over the past couple of months. I’ve learned a lot about live streaming, digital copyright laws, and crafting. Now, I just need a chair that isn’t a kitchen table chair, so I’m more comfortable. I do miss working directly with children. Videos and screens are no replacement. But, I guess I’m adjusting? It’s crazy to know how much I can actually do from home.
I’ve been reading here and there. My reading schedule isn’t what I thought it would be while stuck in my house so much. I’ve been working a lot. And it’s not so easy to focus on one thing at a time. However, I’ve finished a couple of lighter YA books recently. I picked up a couple of older ARCs and I received one new book for review thanks to Swoon Reads. I hope everyone else is doing okay out there!
The new books:

With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
American Street by Ibi Zoboi
Deadly Curious by Cindy Anstey

No comments:

Post a Comment