Monday, September 14, 2020

A Good Week in Books (222)

 


I’ve had a nice big week in books! I was off last week for a stay-cation. Nick and I celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary with plenty of beach walks, sunsets, book time, good food, and Netflix binging. I read 4 books this week….It’s the best I’ve done in a long time. I also received 6 new books for review courtesy of Macmillan! I purchased 2 new books (from an actual bookstore!). It was the first time we did that since March! I gave us a quick 10-minute only shopping limit though…Still, it was a wonderful vacation.

It kind of ended with a sinus infection though… I’m not sure I’ll get to those book reviews for a little while. I forget that my sinus infections always seem to come with the change of season. I just love the Fall so much, I always seem to forget that detail. Fall comes with the cooler weather, pumpkin coffee, less tourists, better apples, tons of new YA books, birthdays, anniversaries, and all the good holidays. We need all the celebrations we can get. And all the good books too.

The new books:


Channel Kindness: Stories of Kindness and Community by Born This Way Foundation Reporters with Lady Gaga
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
The Lost Book of the White by Cassandra Clare
Skyhunter by Marie Lu
Kind of a Big Deal  by Shannon Hale
Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite edited by Zoraida Cordova and Natalie C. Parker
Flamer by Mike Curato
The Nutcracker and the Mouse King the graphic novel by Natalie Andrewson

No comments:

Post a Comment