Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (230)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.

This week I am waiting on:  Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce  (2/6/2018):
 
Description from Goodreads:
Arram. Varice. Ozorne. In the first book in the Numair Chronicles, three student mages are bound by fate . . . fated for trouble.

Arram Draper is a boy on the path to becoming one of the realm’s most powerful mages. The youngest student in his class at the Imperial University of Carthak, he has a Gift with unlimited potential for greatness–and for attracting danger. At his side are his two best friends: Varice, a clever girl with an often-overlooked talent, and Ozorne, the “leftover prince” with secret ambitions. Together, these three friends forge a bond that will one day shape kingdoms. And as Ozorne gets closer to the throne and Varice gets closer to Arram’s heart, Arram begins to realize that one day soon he will have to decide where his loyalties truly lie.

In the Numair Chronicles, readers will be rewarded with the never-before-told story of how Numair SalmalĂ­n came to Tortall. Newcomers will discover an unforgettable fantasy adventure where a kingdom’s future rests on the shoulders of a talented young man with a knack for making vicious enemies.
Why I’m waiting:
I’ve only been waiting for this book since I was 13 and first read Tamora Pierce. You know, this is only like a 17 year wait –nothing big. Seriously though, I used to go to this author’s website and drool over all the books in her “future works” section. This book was there 13 years ago, and over the years I’d pretty much given up hope of a series about Numair. I just about lost it when I learned this was a for-sure thing, with a cover and everything.
Tamora Pierce is probably the reason I love fantasy so much today. Her books were the first ones I read during class (when I was definitely supposed to be doing something else for my education). I have fond memories of ditching school with a fellow book friend to find her at a signing. I’ve met her several times, and have possibly even asked her about when this book was coming. I cannot wait to read this. Hopefully, my wait is worth it.
What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment