Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Good Week in Books (38)


So, I had a crazy, awesome week with all my best friends in town! And I have one best friend here with me for the next 3 months because she’s interning at the University of Chicago. 2013 has already had one fantastic start! I also have had a rather decent book week too.
I received one book in the mail for my library (I already own it). I bought four really reduced priced books at my favorite Chicago used bookstores! And then I also purchased one brand new book that just came out this week! All of my books this week look super good!
 
Cinder
by Marissa Meyer (going to my library! Thanks, Macmillan)
The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna (Looks so amazing!)
Black City by Elizabeth Richards (This one has kind of bad reviews, but it just looks so pretty…)
Before I go to Sleep by S.J. Watson (the manager at my old bookstore convinced me to read this one a long time ago, and it helped that I found it for two dollars yesterday. Also, it will be one of my few adult books that I will probably read this year)
The Essence by Kimberly Derting (!!!)
Under my Hat by Jonathan Strahan (This is a collection of stories by some awesome YA authors all writing magic!)

2 comments:

  1. The paperback of Cinder! My blog is listed in there. *spins*

    I bought The Lost Girl too, but haven't read it. Before I Go to Sleep was creeptastic. Black City...meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your blog listed! So, so cool! How did that happen??

      Delete