Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (28)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.

This week, I am waiting on Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin (4/23/13):

Description on Goodreads:
In Dance of the Red Death, Araby’s world is in shambles—betrayal, death, disease, and evil forces surround her. She has no one to trust. But she finds herself and discovers that she will fight for the people she loves, and for her city.

Her revenge will take place at the menacing masked ball, though it could destroy her and everyone she loves…or it could turn her into a hero.

With a nod to Edgar Allan Poe, Bethany Griffin concludes her tragic and mysterious Red Death series with a heroine that young adult readers will never forget.
So, this sort of seems like the worst description ever….Absolutely nothing is given away about what happens in book 2. I feel like the description was written by someone who hasn’t read it yet. But, it doesn’t matter to me. I just loved the first book. It was so dark and unique, and I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this sequel. I also love how well this book cover goes with the first one. It definitely has a Poe feel to its image as well as its story.
What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. I love the cover. I need to start this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so dark and amazing! I really recommend the first book!

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about this book, great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't even know there was a second book! I better get my hands on a copy of Masque of the Red Death before this one comes out! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! It seems like a good book, and the cover is amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    My Goals for 2013
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for this too! (darn cliffy hanger ending in book one!) haha

    Here's my WoW (:

    ReplyDelete