Monday, March 31, 2014

A Good Week in Books (70)


I had a wonderful week in books. I received one for review (thank you, Macmillan). Though, technically I was supposed to receive a box that weighed one pound from another publishing company, but I got a letter from the post office saying they damaged my package. When I called the number left to me, it was determined that nothing could be done because I’m not sure what the book(s) was/were supposed to be…Apparently, there are a lot of books sitting around that don’t make it to the right addresses and if you don’t know the titles, you most likely won’t be helped. Mystery book(s) you will be missed!
On a more positive note, I decided I deserved some new books from Amazon, and made a random 2-book purchase (technically 4 because I pre-ordered a couple that I will talk about when I get them). And then later when my friend from out of town was visiting, we went to my favorite local-ish used bookstore. Lucky for us, there was a huge sale because the store is relocating, and I bought four books. The books I got there were 50% off their already reduced price! Emma, I’m so glad we went there.

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Panic by Lauren Oliver
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
The Alchemyst: The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
The Unnatrualists by Tiffany Trent
How was your week in books?

No comments:

Post a Comment