Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (85)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan (09/23/14):

Description on Goodreads:
Who will be the sacrifice?

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami will use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility—and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most.

This final book in the Lynburn Legacy is a wild, entertaining ride from beginning to shocking end.
Why I’m Waiting:
Jared has been missing for months, and presumed dead????
The first book in the series, Unspoken, was my favorite book of 2012. The sequel, Untold, was an Honorable Mention on my Best Books of 2013 list. The characters in these novels are real and heartfelt, and I am so beyond emotionally attached to them. These books are dark, romantic, hilarious, and suspenseful. They combine all the good things that exist to make a wonderful YA novel. I made a promise to myself that I would read no spoilers before this book’s release (like I did last time)…We’ll see if I can keep this promise…Any way, if you have not read these books yet, what are you waiting for? They are genius.  Though, I wish they stuck with the initial cover. The new covers are way too generic for my liking, particularly for such a unique story. But you can’t always judge a book by its cover.
What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. I was so upset with the way book 2 ended. I was frustrated because I found Kami's "solution" to be completely unnecessary, hasty, and foolish. Sigh. However, I won't be able to help myself from reading the final installment. Lets chat about it when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete