Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (103)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Firefight by Brandon Sanderson (1/6/15):

Description on Goodreads:
They told David it was impossible--that even the Reckoners had never killed a High Epic. Yet, Steelheart--invincible, immortal, unconquerable--is dead. And he died by David's hand.

Eliminating Steelheart was supposed to make life more simple. Instead, it only made David realize he has questions. Big ones. And there's no one in Newcago who can give him the answers he needs.

Babylon Restored, the old borough of Manhattan, has possibilities, though. Ruled by the mysterious High Epic, Regalia, David is sure Babylon Restored will lead him to what he needs to find. And while entering another city oppressed by a High Epic despot is a gamble, David's willing to risk it. Because killing Steelheart left a hole in David's heart. A hole where his thirst for vengeance once lived. Somehow, he filled that hole with another Epic--Firefight. And he's willing to go on a quest darker, and more dangerous even, than the fight against Steelheart to find her, and to get his answers.
Why I’m Waiting:
I loved the first book in this series. One of the biggest disappointments for me this year at BEA was that Brandon Sanderson couldn’t be there again (preferably with this book in tow). At least while I’m waiting for this one, I have other Sanderson books to occupy my time. But, still, this one sounds so good! I’m so curious about things regarding Firefight. And I can’t wait to see more High Epic battles.
What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book in this series, but it sounds pretty interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series, but it does sound interesting! I'll be sure to add it to my TBR pile. Great pick! :)

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! I love Sanderson, he's such a fantasy genius! Steelheart was amazing and so cool to read, very old-school gangster-y, and at the same time so futuristic and dystopian. Who else could do evil super-beings so well?? lol I don't know how I'm going to wait until January, but alas! I have no choice. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete