Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (202)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Caraval by Stephanie Garber (1/31/17):



Description on Goodreads:
Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their ruthless father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the legendary, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over.

Then, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation to Caraval finally arrives. So, Tella enlists a mysterious sailor’s help to whisk Scarlett away to this year’s show. But as soon as the trio arrives, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nonetheless soon becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with her sister, with Legend, and with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.
Why I’m Waiting:
This sounds awesome. What a magical, dramatic, and romantic sounding story. I like the idea of it being about one sister rescuing the other. I also like the sound of the Caraval setting. I want to know more about how the game is played and why someone is invited in the first place. I can’t wait for January to come, so I can read this.
What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read this book! It sounds wonderful and intense. Early reviews have made me want to read it immediately. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing this book around a lot! It does sound awesome. Nice pick!
    Here's my My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this sounds really great^^ I hope it delivers! Great pick my friend and have an awesome week! xx

    ReplyDelete