Monday, June 10, 2019

A Good Week in Books (204)



I have had an exceptionally good few weeks in books. I’ve been on vacation and picked some up at my favorite Chicago bookstores. One of said bookstores was kind enough to give me some ARCs also.  A friend of mine brought me an ARC from a library conference (thank you, Chris!). I received some new books for review (thank you, Hachette and Macmillan!). And I just picked up another little pile of ARCs from a different amazing bookstore that is also giving me ARCs to give away to kids and teens during Summer Reading. My little pile from them has me freaking out in excitement. This has been a great couple of weeks.
I’m currently at my kitchen table typing this among piles of books…It’s a dream come true. I’ve also read 3 YA books and 2 adult books in the past couple of weeks. And it’s safe to say I am out of my reading slump. Hello, summer! I have so many good books to read, and I cannot wait to get started.
The pretty new books (big pile 1):
 
Ordinary Girls
by Blair Thornburgh (ARC)
Angel Mage
by Garth Nix (ARC)
Butterfly Yellow by Thanhha Lai (ARC)
Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen
Serafina and the Seven Stars by Robert Beatty
This Was our Pact by Ryan Andrews
The Pursuit of Miss Heartbreak Hotel by Moe Bonneau
Going off Script by Jen Wilde
Unpregnant by Jenni Hendriks and Ted Caplan (ARC)
Fake it Till You Break it by Jenn P. Nguyen
The pretty new books (big pile 2):
 
Call Down the Hawk
by Maggie Stiefvater (first 8 chapters only)
Guts
by Raina Telgemeier (ARC)
Bookish Boyfriends: The Boy Next Story by Tiffany Schmidt (ARC)
Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (ARC)
The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe by Ally Codie (ARC)
Dear Ally, How do you write a book? By Ally Carter (ARC)
Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro and Emily Henry (ARC)
I Love you so Mochi by Sarah Kuhn (ARC)
Maybe this Time  by Kasie West (ARC)
Like a Love Story by Abdi Nazemian (ARC)

No comments:

Post a Comment