Monday, January 6, 2020

A Good Week in Books (212) / Where I've Been Lately



Happy New Year! What a crazy, remarkable, love-filled, heartfelt year. 2019 was both one of the best years of my life and one of the hardest ones. I got married to my best friend. We went to Paris on our honeymoon. I celebrated with friends and family. I had my first married holiday season.
I was also diagnosed with severe migraines (added to some other GI health issues I’ve been diagnosed with in the past couple of years, and my health became more challenging). I’ve seemed to have finally found some help in dealing with the pain though, so that’s good news. I lost 35 pounds this year, which is good for my health, but I still have a long way to go.
I also lost a family friend (granted one I haven’t spoken to in a long time) to suicide and this hit me hard. I always really loved this person and even writing this now, brings tears to my eyes. I have now lost two people to suicide.
Any way, my reading this year took a bit of a hit. Migraines make reading super hard. I did get more into audiobooks than ever before. But, I think I’m finally back on track to where I want to be. I only read 75 books last year (compared to my normal 100). And a lot of those books were graphic novels. I’m aiming for 100 again this year. We’ll see what happens! I’ve read 7 books since my last blog post, so I guess I need to play catch up here too.
I received 1 new one for review (thanks Freeform Books), I bought 1 new book for myself as a holiday present, and I received 1 other book as holiday present from a good friend.



Sorcery of Thorns
by Margaret Rogerson
Reverie by Ryan La Sala
What I want you to see by Catherine Linka

No comments:

Post a Comment