Tuesday, February 1, 2022

5 Worlds: The Amber Anthem by Mark Siegel, Alexis Siegel, Xanthe Bouma, Matt Rockefeller, and Boya Sun


 Summary from Goodreads:

Think Star Wars meets Avatar: The Last Airbender ! Kazu Kibuishi (AMULET) says this graphic novel adventure is "a magical journey, as fun as it is beautiful!"

In book 4, Oona Lee arrives on Salassandra determined to light the yellow beacon and continue her quest to save the Five Worlds from the evil Mimic's influence. But the beacon is encased in amber! An ancient clue says that Oona and her friends must seek out the Amber Anthem to succeed. Meanwhile, Stan Moon sends an evil Jax robot to assassinate Oona and hunts down An Tzu himself. Turns out, as An Tzu fades away from his Vanishing Illness, he's becoming someone else--someone who could tip the scales in the battle for the Five Worlds!

Review:

I was a little nervous going into this one because it’s been so long since I had read book 3, and I’ve forgotten a few things. But, thankfully, the author thought of this and had a “The story so far….” section! If only all series had this! Seriously, what a help this made. I didn’t have to scratch my head for the first quarter of the book; I could just enjoy it. And enjoy it, I did.

I forgot just how stunning these books were. I also picked up book 5, which is already out….and I can’t wait to get started on after the ending of this one. This one had the most revealing storyline yet. You finally learn about who one character truly is, what the vanishing sickness really is, and why the Mimic is so bent on stopping the characters from lighting all the beacons. Plus, I think the 5th book is the last one? 5 Worlds and 5 books, right?  

I also loved the overall message of togetherness in this book. Everyone has to come together for the beacon on this planet to be lit. Everyone has to sing together in an overall message of hope and equality, despite so much propaganda and fake rumors spreading about the beacons. I also just love how much stronger and tougher the characters are now. They have come so far. Oona has so much more faith in herself to light the beacons. AnTzu knows he can do more then he’s given credit for. And I love that none of the main characters like the unfair treatment of the giant characters throughout the whole planet.

All in all, this was a fantastic 4th installment. I cannot wait to start reading book 5. I was intending to read a couple of books before that but I’m not sure I can wait that long. I give this one a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment