Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dark Days Tour


 Elizabeth Norris, Aprilynne Pike, Veronica Roth, and Bethany Griffin

Yesterday, after work, I went to the Evanston Public Library for a Dark Days Tour Stop, hosted by the library and by the Book Stall (a bookstore in Winnetka). At the event, were authors: Veronica Roth, Bethany Griffin, Elizabeth Norris, and Aprilynne Pike.
I got there early enough to sit in the first row for the Q&A part of the evening. I felt a little bad for the other authors, when the majority of the questions were asked to Veronica Roth. And then I felt even worse when the lining up for the book signings began and Veronica’s line filled up the whole space. I was glad though that the other authors were there. And I brought along my copies of Insurgent, Masque of the Red Death, and Unraveling, the latter two I still need to read, but am now even more excited to do so.
I went and got my books signed by Norris and Griffin first. I haven’t read anything by Pike yet, and I don’t own any of her work, though, as a person she sounded awesome and I have a feeling I will read her stuff eventually. Thankfully, I thought ahead enough to bring my books with me so I wouldn’t have to buy them.
What I really loved about this event was the enthusiasm in the room! There were people of all ages (most between the ages of 10 and 30). And everyone was so excited to get their books signed. And more than that people were excited to hear Veronica Roth speak. As soon as a question was asked to her, the whole room would go eerily silent. And I was seeing some crazy amounts of focus from the kids in the room.
I also loved having the chance to talk to fellow YA fans, and these were some of the things I got to talk about yesterday: Peeta versus Gale, Matched versus Delirium, favorite YA heroines, The Vampire Academy, the upcoming Immortal Instruments movie, Harry Potter accessories, Leaky Con, John Green, YA blogs and YouTube channels, and so much more! Really, YA fans are just some of the coolest people ever.
All in all, I had a lot of fun, and I’m super glad that I had the opportunity to attend this one.
Also, got some awesome pictures!

This is a picture of Veronica Roth and me! And then here’s my signed copy of Insurgent (!):
      

This is a picture of Elizabeth Norris and me! And then here’s my signed copy of Unraveling (!):



This is a picture of Bethany Griffin and me! And then here’s my signed copy of Masque of the Red Death (!):


4 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that you included the topics of conversation that were covered. That sounds awesome! Glad you had fun, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this made me miss your face! I'm glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap! I'll be attending a Dark Days tour top in July! I'm SO EXCITED!!! I can barely contain myself :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Are you going to see the same authors? I love that so many YA authors seems to be friends with each other.

      Delete