Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (9)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week, I am waiting on Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (2/5/13):

Description on Good Reads:
“Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.”

I adored Cinder by Marissa Meyer. When I first read the titles of Meyer’s other future books I was a little afraid that would mean new fairy tale characters and no more Cinder, but I am so happy to read this description and learn that on top of some new, awesome characters, Cinder will still be playing a role (and Prince Kai!). I love fairy tale retellings. I have never quite read anything like Meyer’s book, a fairy tale that takes place in dystopia type future. There are elements of sci-fi, romance, dystopia, and fairy tale. I loved it. Also, how gorgeous is this new cover? It doesn’t quite stand out as much as the robotic leg of the first one, but it still catches your eye in a good way. I’m so ready for this to come out already!

4 comments:

  1. i have not read cinder yet. hope you get it soon

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Cinder too, and I can't wait for Scarlet. it'll be great to meet kai and Cinder again as well as follow Scarlet's story! :)

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really can't wait for this!
    this is my Waiting on Wed at Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Cinder so I'm not really waiting for this one but I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete