Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (15)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week, I am waiting on The Elite by Kiera Cass (4/23/13):

Description on GoodReads:
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending
.”
So, I fell in love with The Selection already. It was just such a fun mix of dystopia, fairy tale, and reality tv show. I loved the love triangle. I loved the crazy society that doesn’t seem too far off from other more modern day caste systems. I found the whole book to just be so much fun to read! And the sequel sounds just as promising. I’m dying to know which boy America picks. And I really want to know what happens in regards to the people rebelling. I don’t know how I can wait for April. Also, Loving the pretty dress covers!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it seems like just the other day when The Selection was released. What an enticing cover and concept. Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start this series.. I love the covers too!
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read the Selection as well! I <3 the dresses on these covers! Awesome pick!
    Stop by MY WOW?
    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I didn't love this one, I know I'm going to be reading the sequel eventually, because those covers are like candy, bad for me but delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://lsmurphy.com/2012/10/10/cover-reveal-a-reason-to-stay/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Sorry! What I was going to say was GREAT CHOICE! I really need to get into this series.
    *this thing happens to me ALL the time* :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been seeing this book everywhere. Great haul of books. Come visit me as well. I love the colors on this book.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sure has been popular lately! I still haven't read its predecessor but hopefully I can change that soon. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete