Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week, I am waiting on This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (4/2/13):

Description on GoodReads:
If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In
This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.”
If fate sent me an email, I would so answer. Who knows when some famous celebrity will be emailing? So, I kind of know this story has been done in so many ways before. But, I love stories made up in letters or emails. And I loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. This cover is gorgeous and looks so much like the cover I already know and love. And sometimes I just want to read a story I’m already familiar with; it’s like comfort food. Plus, I’m sure Smith will put her own twist on things and I know her characters will be authentic and honest. I’m really excited for this one! What are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. This has been a pretty popular pick lately! Thanks for sharing it! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick!!! I am so excited for this one! I loved Statistical Probability! I cant wait to see how awesome this book is gonna be!!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete