Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Good Week in Books (31)


I had another great book week! I think I just had a great week in general! For starters, my volunteer library had a teen movie night, where the movie was The Hunger Games, and it was so much fun! I went to go see a Harry Potter play last night: Potted Potter. This was a play done by two comedians/writers/actors and they performed all seven books in 70 minutes! It was a little over-the-top and most definitely made for a younger audience, but actually very funny. And today I’m going to see Breaking Dawn Part 2! What a great week to love YA books!
But, on to the books! I found 3 very inexpensive finds at one of my favorite used bookstores. It’s hard to believe I didn’t already own a hard cover copy of Matched by Ally Condie. I guess I only had a digital copy of it. But, I needed to get a hard copy version to go with all the other pretties in the series I own!  And of course, I went and purchased the new Ally Condie book the day it came out (and am now reading it).
Purchased books:
 
Reached
by Ally Condie (It is so good!)
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (It’s about time I read/owned these books)
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen (I have a guilty addiction to all the books she writes…Alos, this was like two dollars!)
Matched by Ally Condie (I need a hard cover version to go with all the others I own in the series)

Not too long ago, I also received a belated birthday present in the mail. And technically, it’s not a book; it’s a journal. But, it is so beyond pretty that I decided I had to share it here. I think I might have named it Nori Riddle’s Diary. Thank you Chris and Emma, two of my favorite people in the world!

Then, I also received a nice sized haul from NetGalley. The interface of the website had changed, and it may have taken me an embarrassingly long period of time to realize that I received several books I had requested a long time ago. Thankfully, I could still send them to my Kindle… Special thanks to: BenBella Books, St. Martin’s Press, Bloomsbury Children’s Books, Penguin Young Readers, and Angry Robot.

 
A New Dawn
edited by Ellen Hopkins (published in 2009) –Yay for YA Twilight discussion!
Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt (1/15/13)
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (2/26/13)
Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black (2/13/13)
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson (2/26/13) !!!!!
The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke (2/7/13)
How was your week in books?

5 comments:

  1. Uses For Boys looks really good. Hope you enjoy your books :) Oh and that journal is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! I love the cover for Uses for Boys. The description hasn't pulled me in, but I just had to request it because doesn't it just look gorgeous?

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous journal, and an awesome haul of books, too! I found you by way of Christina at Reader of Fictions, btw. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I found your blog on Christina's blog too! Look at A Reader of Fictions bringing bloggers together!

      Delete
  3. Awwww, yay! I'm so glad you had a wonderful week, Nori!

    Harry Potter play! That sounds so awesome!

    That journal is lovely!

    Haha, you got awesome things on NG!

    ReplyDelete