Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


So, I know this is kind of corny, and I’m not the only blog doing this, but I really wanted to share what I was thankful for this year.
In no particular order, this year, I am thankful for:
*My family (for putting up with all of my craziness, for understanding how broke a part-time school librarian is, and well, for just being completely amazing.
*My father’s health (we had a tough year, and I am just so thankful for each step with a walker and each physical therapy session he has had that leads him in the right direction)
*My followers, commenters, and readers!
*Every YA book blog I have had the pleasure to go to this year. Seriously, I don’t buy books any more without having read at least a few reviews from some of my favorite blogs.
*John Green (for writing more and more awesome books and for giving my book club some seriously amazing discussions)
*Vlogbrothers
*Book clubs (the ones I lead and the ones I attend)
*The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
*Epic Reads
*The creators of the shows: Supernatural, Veronica Mars, Revenge, Castle, Glee, Gossip Girl, True Blood, Once Upon a Time, Revolution, New Girl, Hart of Dixie, Switched at Birth, Beauty and the Beast, and Pretty Little Liars (okay, okay, I watch a ridiculous amount of tv: don’t judge, and there are probably more shows I’m forgetting at the moment…)
*Barnes and Noble
*My amazing friends (from college and graduate school)
*Libraries (public, school, and volunteer ones)
*The Mighty Twig (and its wonderfully successful year)
*book conferences
*Starbucks
*having a job that allows me to give book recommendations all the time!
*My book idea (that is slowly coming together)
*All of the free books I have won from other blogs
*Every book that was sent to me from a publisher/author for review
*Net Galley
*Meeting my favorite author (Libba Bray)
*ARC’s and galleys
*GoodReads
*Finishing my 2012 reading challenges (early)
*Leaky Con 2012
*Peppermint bark (seriously, that stuff is beyond delicious)
*Having this blog, this outlet where people can understand and hopefully relate to my book obsession.
Wow. I had no idea my list would be this big. So yeah, sometimes life is awful and all I want to do is crawl into my covers with a nice, long YA book, but I seriously have so much to be thankful for.  Now, to the food! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all have just as much or more to be thankful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment