Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (21)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week, I am waiting on Fragments by Dan Wells (2/26/13):

Description on GoodReads:
Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is only just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues as to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence—it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that Kira knows she is a part of, a plan that could save both races. Her allies are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what’s left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira’s journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and they will both discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn’t even know existed.
So, I loved the first book in this series! I remember loving it more than I thought I would. It had some amazing sci-fi/dytopia type plot twists! And I really, really loved the main character! I can’t wait to see more of Kira. This description makes the sequel sound just as twisty and action filled as book one, and I cannot wait for its release! Also, I love that the cover goes so well with the first book in the series. Please let this be a series that doesn’t change covers midway through! (Cross fingers) The covers are just too cool.
What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

  1. I've heard mixed things about Partials but it sounds great! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I plan on starting it soon, after I finish a few ARCs and some dystopians I challenged myself to read. And I agree, the covers are really cool! Great pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I still need to read Partials. So behind. So behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have the first book sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read.

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I never read Partials, but it sure sounds good based on your description! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I really liked Partials, so I'm really excited for this as well!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete