Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (63)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (4/22/14):

Description (from Goodreads):
After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. Now that the world knows of her ability to "read" objects, and therefore, read the past, she has become a media darling, earning the title, "America's Sweetheart Seer." But not everyone is so accepting of the Diviners' abilities...

Meanwhile, mysterious deaths have been turning up in the city, victims of an unknown sleeping sickness. Can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld and catch a killer?
Why I’m Waiting:
So, I absolutely devoured The Diviners. But more than that, it’s Libba Bray. She is my favorite YA author. I will buy, wait for, pre-order, and devour all that she writes. The way she wrote book 1 was just beautiful. I can’t wait to get back in the heads of all the characters I grew to love.  But on a side note, what’s with they terrible new cover? I kind of loved the first book’s cover, and it’s so upsetting when publishers change the art midway through a series, particularly when the newer version is cartoony and wrong-looking. It doesn’t matter for me too much because I will read all this woman has to say. But, I don’t see a lot of new readers picking up these new covers on a whim. I just don’t; which is sad because Libba Bray is the best!
What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment