Monday, June 16, 2014

Amulet: Escape from Lucien (book 6) by Kazu Kibuishi


Summary (from Goodreads):
Emily, Navin, and their friends continue to battle the Elf King in hopes of destroying him forever, but one of his most loyal followers, Max, isn't making it easy for them. The crew journeys to Lucien, a city that's been ravaged by the war. Emily has more enemies there than she realizes -- and it'll take everything she's got to get herself and her friends out of the city alive.
Review:
I have an ARC of this one (Thank you Scholastic booth at BEA). This was actually one of my most anticipated ARC’s. I flipped out when I saw this. And while I’m so grateful to have read this super early, I do still think I will need to read a finished copy because a lot of the ARC is gray-scaled, and just so not as cool.
However, even though more than half of the ARC was in black and white, it was still beautiful. The worlds this author/artists can come up with are all just so fascinating and gorgeous to look at. Also, the story is getting so good! I particularly appreciated that Navin had a good portion of the book for his adventures. Navin goes to school with other kids learning to be soldiers and pilots. And no one believes that he is as good as others say he is.
Of course Navin proves everyone wrong, on a mission gone wrong. He and some friends (other students) crash into what looks like an abandoned world, taken over by shadow monsters. Emily is on a mission of her own with Max. There’s underground worlds, old friends, new friends, secrets revealed, more elf knowledge revealed, and plenty of more adventure! Also, my new favorite character was the elf girl mayor; really, she is so cool.
I’m not 100% sure how many books of the series there will be (10?), but I know there is a colossal fight scene in this works between Emily (along with the other stonekeepers) and the evil elf king. I also have a feeling that evil elf king is actually someone we’ve already met. He’s been in a creepy mask the whole time. And we know already that something happened to the evil king a long time ago. Can he really be someone else? I have so much speculation about something that probably isn’t even that important. But, oh well. That’s what I do.
I sadly now have an even longer wait for book 7. I’m really excited to see how the story continues. I can’t wait to see more worlds, and more panoramic views. This one gets a 10/10 again. I’m just loving these books.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete