Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (216)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan (8/15/2017):



Description from Goodreads:
Sometimes it’s not the kid you expect who falls through to magicland, sometimes it’s . . . Elliott. He’s grumpy, nerdy, and appalled by both the dearth of technology and the levels of fit-ness involved in swinging swords around. He’s a little enchanted by the elves and mermaids. De-spite his aversion to war, work, and most people (human or otherwise) he finds that two unlikely ideas, friendship and world peace, may actually be possible.
Why I’m Waiting:
So, I have no idea what this book is supposed to really be about…Does an introverted gamer fall into Wonderland by accident? I don’t care. I want to read this now. I want to read it so badly. I love this author. I love her character-driven books, and this sounds like it will be something along those lines. I also love this author’s sense of humor, and I feel like this sounds like one, sarcastic fairytale. I’m all there, even it ends up being something totally different. I’ll read any of Brennan’s books at this point.
What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm intrigued! This is the first I'm hearing of this one, but I love SRB from back in her HP fan fiction days. So this should be good :) Thanks for putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete