Monday, April 29, 2019

A Good Week in Books (202)



I have been a bit MIA lately. I think it’s been a mixture of illness and reading a bunch of meh books…I have DNF’ed more books in the last couple of months than I have in total probably in the last couple of years. It doesn’t help that my headaches (sinus pain + migraines) keep returning, and making my reading enjoyment that much less. I’ve been to several doctors, and had various tests done, but remain a medical mystery still...
I’m waiting to learn more from my last test, but I’m not holding my breath. Currently, my symptoms are more that of serious migraines (no cold symptoms at all), but the only medicine (and I’ve tried them all) that seems to help with the pain are over the counter sinus/antihistamines…I also have two GI disorders, so mix in an upset stomach taking all these new pills into the mix, and I’ve just had a kind of rotten couple of months.
That all being said, I’m still reading because reading is everything. I loved one graphic novel this week, and enjoyed one sci-fi. I have also received a couple of new books for review (Thank you, Swoon Reads and Roaring Brook Press), and had a mini splurge at Barnes and Noble for some new books too (retail therapy for the crummy health issues).
The new pretties:

I See London, I see France by Sarah Mlynowski
In Another Life by C.C. Hunter
Sherwood by Meagan Spooner
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
How to be Luminous by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey
How was your week in books?

No comments:

Post a Comment