Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Keeper of the Lost Cities Book 3: Everblaze by Shannon Messenger

Summary from Goodreads:

Sophie uncovers shocking secrets—and faces treacherous new enemies—in this electrifying third book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series.

Sophie Foster is ready to fight back.

Her talents are getting stronger, and with the elusive Black Swan group ignoring her calls for help, she’s determined to find her kidnappers—before they come after her again.

But a daring mistake leaves her world teetering on the edge of war, and causes many to fear that she has finally gone too far. And the deeper Sophie searches, the farther the conspiracy stretches, proving that her most dangerous enemy might be closer than she realizes.

In this nail-biting third book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, Sophie must fight the flames of rebellion, before they destroy everyone and everything she loves.

Review:

I’m officially hooked on this series now. I might have been since book 1, but I am more aware of it now because I’m flying through these enormous books and I’d rather be reading them than pretty much doing anything else….What am I going to do once I’ve read them all? That being said, these books do have some flaws to them and some characters that I was hoping to have loved more by now, but still don’t. But, it doesn’t seem to be stopping me. I’m hooked.

Thankfully, a lot more happened in book 3 than in book 2! Stuff didn’t seem to stop happening. Unfortunately, two of the BIG things that happened were things that anyone, and I mean, anyone could have seen coming from miles away. But, even though I saw one of those big things from miles away, it sill gave me all the feels! I found myself crying in this one. It was so awful. I felt so bad for Sophie. It takes a lot for me to feel bad for a “Chosen one” type character that has a million powers, and a million guys in love with her. But, I did. That’s how bad the big thing was. Or maybe I’m now super connecting with her because I suffer from chronic migraines and she was having serious head aches too…

I also liked that Sophie seemed a little more open to maybe liking more than just her one crush from book 1 (Fitz). Seriously, everyone seems to be in love with her. And I’m really shipping her with someone that is not Fitz, because I hate him. He has repeatedly done awful things, and she just always forgives him.

I like that stuff has progressed further with the Black Swan. Sophie has learned more about the other rebel group. All of her friends (except one) have powers now. I feel kind of bummed that the one friend has left the group now, but oh well.  I loved where this book left off. Book 4 is looking to be really awesome. Though, I have to comment on the lack of adult supervision…It made more sense to me in Harry Potter because the kids were living at school away from parents. But, when the kids are living at home…and the parents are like, sure, go on these dangerous missions alone….or sure go with this rebel group…..it’s rather off-putting. They are supposed to love their children, right? Only Keefe’s parents are supposed to actually kind of hate him?

All that being said, I’m still hooked. I’m excited to see where things go with the Black Swan and everything. I’m trying to pace my reading and read a few different, unrelated books between each book in this series, but we’ll see how long I can keep that up. I give this one an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment