Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Good Week in Books (34)

 

I had a fantastic book week! My black Friday treat for myself just came in. My wonderful friend Heather (at Coffee-Stained Pages) has recently brought my attention to a fantastic bargain book website that is having a massive sale…For just under forty dollars, I purchased ten books! I may or may not have gone back to the website already and purchased more discounted books…I have a problem. I received one new title on Net Galley. I also picked out five freebies from my volunteer library!
My extremely discounted present to myself:

Always a Witch
by Carolyn MacCullough (I loved the first one!)
The Edumacation of Jay Baker by Jay Clark
Die for Me by Amy Plum
Until I Die by Amy Plum (why have I not read these yet?)
The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan (I didn’t even know this existed)
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (I read/borrowed it from a friend before, but seriously I loved it too much not to own it myself)
The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan (I need to own all of her books)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (I’ve read and loved it since I was in middle school, and now I most definitely think it’s time I owned it)
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (first book I’ll read by this author who I hear so many good things about!)
Hunt by Andrew Fukuda

From Net Galley (Thank you, BenBella Books, Inc.):
 
Shadowhunters and Downworlders
edited by Cassanrda Clare (1/29/13) –This book already has so much discussion following it online and I know I need to just dive in!

Free books from my library:

Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
Deadly by Julie Chibbaro
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer ( I haven’t read these yet, but I already own the first two!)
How was your book week?

2 comments:

  1. So jealous of the freebies you got from your library! Those are some nice titles! Looks like they're in great condition.

    The Cassie Clare book. *headdesks*

    I bought SO MUCH on Book Closeouts. Dude, like you don't even know. About 4 times as much as you bought. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters Red truly shines in a way that most books can't. Leaving me to highly suggest you take the chance and buy a copy once it's released because I ensure you that you won't regret it for a second once you you begin reading it.

    Zia
    Heard about Movers in San Antonio website

    ReplyDelete