Monday, July 25, 2016

Harry Potter Month: Harry Potter Birthday Party



So, I kind of joined the festivities a little later than expected this year. Mostly, July is the craziest month of the year (at work) for me, and I wasn’t sure I’d make this work. However, it’s Harry Potter…this had to work. And this is so much fun! Thank you Micheline, and Faith for putting this all together!
Part of my July craziness at work is actually throwing a Harry Potter birthday party. Since, my library is closed on Sunday, we are having it on Friday this year. What is entailed with the Harry Potter birthday party?  It starts with an hour of different stations: edible potion making, feather quill pen making, sorting quizzes, and jelly bean guessing. Then, there will be a giant Harry Potter birthday cake, while we play the first movie. I’m so excited! The one who gets the closest number of jelly beans in the jar, wins all the jelly beans and also a Harry Potter coloring book. I’m also handing out raffle tickets for the new book that comes out Sunday.
Here’s my example feather quill pens (all you do is use colored tape to tape around a feather and a pipe cleaner –though make sure you take the top off the pen first):

Here are two edible potion recipes, and then of course the potion cheat sheet (so we know what the kiddos are actually drinking):



Some past years potions pictures:

I’ll get a picture of the cake on Friday, and I’ll try to make sure to post about that later.

What better way to prepare for the new book can there be?

3 comments:

  1. Eeek! I wish my library did something like this. This looks like such incredible fun :D It's such a perfect activity for kids to do something indoors during the hot summer and when they are on break from school. I know I'd enjoy this as an adult LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nori can you come work at MY local library so I can attend a party like this?! it won't be weird if I'm the only adult there right?! What a fantastic activity for kids of all ages :D Thanks for sharing these and again, I'm really happy you were able to participate again this year!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! I'd love to plan a Harry Potter birthday party for work. :D Those potions are super cool, incredibly creative! Have you tried them both? You can come plan a party at my library any time!

    ReplyDelete