Monday, October 7, 2019

A Good Week in Books (209)



I’m back! I got married in the beginning of September! And then Nick and I took our honeymoon in Paris. I’m finally getting back on to a normal routine. That being said, I’ve still been doing a lot of reading. I looked forward to nothing more than sitting outside at a café in Paris with a good book, and I got to do that!  I’ve read 7 books since my last post…so I have a lot of blogging to catch up on.
I also bought an obnoxious amount of books from my favorite bookstore in the world, which happens to be in Paris: Shakespeare and Company. I’m still not sure how I fit them all into my suitcase….I also got a couple of pre-orders in. My mom got me a book to go with one of her wedding gifts. She bought me a painting from her trip to Israel and the book tells the story of the artist (whose story was actually told in the movie, Schindler’s List). And I received one for review from Swoon Reads.
I’ve had an unbelievable month. I married my best friend. We almost got married during a hurricane…but the weather cleared up and the sun even came out! Paris was just a dream. I also had to say goodbye to my 15-year old car this month. I’m now a proud Subaru owner of a car I’ve named McGonagall. My old car was my dad’s so I had a weird attachment to it, but it was time.
Any way, I think I’ll have to share a few special pictures at the bottom of the post.
The new books:

The Secret Commonwealth: The Book of Dust Volume II
by Philip Pullman (already started it…)
Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell
Tilly and the Lost Fairy Tales: Pages and Co 2 by Anna James (signed!)
Tilly and the Book Wanderers: Pages and Co 1 by Anna James
All the Invisible Things by Orlagh Collins
Piglettes by Clementine Beauvais
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
American Royals by Katharine McGee
The Quiet at the End of the World by Lauren James
The Land of Roar by Jenny Mclachlan
Mind Games by Shana Silver
Dear God, Have you ever gone hungry? By Joseph Bau
My Wedding!

Paris!

Here’s hoping that October is just as amazing as September.

No comments:

Post a Comment