Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (94)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano (10/1/14):

Description (on Goodreads):
After escaping through the bottom of Internment, Morgan and her fellow fugitives aboard the great mechanical bird land on the ground to finally learn what has lived beneath their floating island home all these eons.

The ground is a strange place where water falls from the sky as snow, and customers watch moving pictures and visit speakeasies. A place where families can have as many children as they want, their dead are buried in vast gardens of bodies, and Internment is the feature of an amusement park.

It is also a land at war.

Everyone who fled Internment had their own reasons to escape their corrupt haven. But caught under the watchful eye of another king that wants to dominate his world, they wonder if coming to the ground will drag Internment down with them.
Why I’m Waiting:
I was blown away by book 1. I remember being surprised, moved, and slightly in awe with what DeStefano accomplished. Also, it had such a cliffhanger! I need this book like 3 days ago…This second installment sounds rather epic. I can’t wait to see the characters adapt to a new world. And also, see how their old world affects what the do now. I’m not quite sure how I feel about the new cover. I loved the first cover. And I’m always mad at cover changes done mid-series. Why can’t more series remain consistent? The new covers just aren’t nearly as pretty. What do you think?
Also, what are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of the first book, and can't wait to read it and this one too. Great pick!!

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I haven't read the first yet, but wow, the cover. What a redesign, totally different from the first. And I kind of preferred the first. These ones are just a little...weird.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete