Saturday, March 19, 2016

Amulet: Firelight (Book 7) by Kazu Kibuishi



Summary (from Goodreads):
Emily, Trellis, and Vigo visit Algos Island, where they can access and enter lost memories. They're hoping to uncover the events of Trellis's mysterious childhood -- knowledge they can use against the Elf King. What they discover is a dark secret that changes everything. Meanwhile, the voice of Emily's Amulet is getting stronger, and threatens to overtake her completely.
Review:
I’ve been reading more and more graphic novels lately. And while I’m a big comic book fan and I love a good superhero story, I can’t help but think these are actually my all time favorite graphic novels. There is nothing else out there quite like them.
To start with, I always forget how gorgeous they are. The art in these books is good enough to be hung on a wall in someone’s living room. It is so gorgeous. Sometimes, I’ll turn a page, and a large gasp will escape my mouth. Seriously, this is some of the best graphic novel art I have ever seen. And this particular installment is particularly beautiful because of all the underwater scenery.
This book, story-wise, was also a very important one. A crucial piece of information is finally learned about the elf king. Going into the memories of Trellis proved to be very educational (and dangerous). Things are about to get a lot more sci-fi than they have been before. And I cannot wait to read all about it.
I feel so bad for both Emily and Trellis. Trellis must have had the worst childhood imaginable. And poor Emily is feeling so many emotions in this book. There’s a rewind/and reflection into her childhood memories as well. Sadly, hers was when she lost her father and I felt so bad for her. It was nice though to finally see where she was coming from.
Meanwhile, her brother and her mother have a reunion and past characters reunite. A lot is being set into motion for what is looking to be a revolution of sorts. These books have everything, adventure, action, drama, family, elves, robots, airships, underwater excursions, and politics. I really cannot wait to see where everything is going. There are things I need to know, after that ending. I need to know things! I give this one a 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment