Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (180)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally (7/5/16):


Description on Goodreads:
Captain of the soccer team, president of the Debate Club, contender for valedictorian: Taylor’s always pushed herself to be perfect. After all, that’s what is expected of a senator’s daughter. But one impulsive decision—one lie to cover for her boyfriend—and Taylor’s kicked out of private school. Everything she’s worked so hard for is gone, and now she’s starting over at Hundred Oaks High.

Soccer has always been Taylor’s escape from the pressures of school and family, but it’s hard to fit in and play on a team that used to be her rival. The only person who seems to understand all that she’s going through is her older brother’s best friend, Ezra. Taylor’s had a crush on him for as long as she can remember. But it’s hard to trust after having been betrayed. Will Taylor repeat her past mistakes or can she score a fresh start?
Why I’m Waiting:
I love all the Kenneally books. I feel like I have been waiting years for another book by her, when in reality it’s probably just been one year. Her take on friendship, girl power, family, and romance is always so good. I can’t wait for the newest book. I love that this one involves a senator’s daughter and soccer. It looks to be just as good if not better than her others. I cannot wait to read it!
What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I have never read anything by Kenneally, but I have heard good things about her books! I really hope you enjoy this one :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read anything by Kenneally but i have yet to hear a bad word about any of her books! so I want to try one soon! i just added this to my TBR so thanks for sharing Nori! (i might be biased about this one because I spent my whole life playing soccer so naturally i'm inclined to like this one hopefully!:)
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I hit up BEA with Giselle, she'd GUSH about Kenneally and so even though I don't read a ton of contemporaries, I'm curious about her books. Now that I know you love them too I'm all the more motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was (might still be?) on Netgalley if you wanted to request it. Hope you enjoy!!

    Joana @ The Boundless Booklist

    ReplyDelete