Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Good Week in Books (134)


It’s been both a fantastic book week and an annoying one for me. I got some new books for review (Thank you, Macmillan and Hyperion!)
Two of my most anticipated books of 2016 came out this week (on the same day!), and I had definitely pre-ordered them both some time ago. However, only one was shipped to me. Amazon asked me a few days after the pub date if I wanted to cancel my order for the other one, which had me super confused. Later, I learned on Twitter that Amazon sold out! First off, go Maggie Stiefvater! But sadly, that meant I’d have to wait a while for my precious book. They won’t even give an estimated date for when it will ship out.
I decided to cancel my order and take my chances at my local Barnes and Noble. I picked up their last copy this morning! Again, go Maggie. It’s nuts to sell out of your book on Amazon (and also bookstores). And I guess it answered my question for which anticipated book I’d read first. I understand that this kind of thing happens. I guess I just wish Amazon explained what happened better (aka: at all). I had to get details from Twitter…
Any way, here are the lovelies (and I really have no reason to complain right now):



The Rose and the Dagger
by Renee Ahdieh (this is the one I already started, and it’s amazing!!)
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (so glad there was one copy left!)
Holding Smoke by Elle Cosimano
The Secrets we Keep by Trisha Leaver
Love Bomb by Jenny McLachlan


How was your week in books? Anyone else have similar problems?

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeep! The Raven King! I only read the first 50-ish pages so far but I'm gearing up for a nice long read in like 30 minutes time :D The Rose & The Dagger is one I CANNOT believe I didn't pre-order. I was hoping for an ARC to match my ARC of book 1 but we didn't get any in Canada apparently. :( Anyway, I WILL be getting my hands on a copy soon. I hope you love it and all your other pretties ♥

    ReplyDelete