Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (184)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows bloggers to share which books we are most anticipating.
This week I am waiting on Local Girl Swept Away by Ellen Wittlinger (6/15/16):


Description from Goodreads:
Stark, uncompromising, seductive, beautiful - this describes the tourist town of Cape Cod, where a young woman's body remains to be found. Three friends struggle to come to terms with their missing leader and with the secrets each endeavor to hide.

Set in the Cape Cod village of Provincetown, Massachusetts, this is the story about 17-year-old Jackie's struggle to overcome her grief and confusion after her best friend is carried out to sea during a storm. Lorna had been the dynamic leader of a tight-knit group of four friends - Jackie, Lucas and Finn - and her disappearance changes the dynamics between the surviving three. Jackie is still hiding her feelings for Finn, who had been Lorna's boyfriend, and Lucas has withdrawn to the point where Jackie wonders if he is keeping a secret even larger than her own. Meanwhile the future looms, and Jackie fears leaving the only life she has known.
Why I’m Waiting:
This sounds like a good story! I already want to know what happened the girl who died. Also, I love this author. I know the writing in this one will be spot-on. And I love that it takes place in Cape Cod, where I live! I’m not in Provincetown, but I’ve been there many times and I love reading a YA book that takes place somewhere I know and love.
What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the look and sound of this one, and I love Cape Cod, so any books set there grab me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BEAUTY OF THE END”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete